What is Endometriosis?
Endometriosis is a condition that occurs when the tissue of uterus started growing in other parts of the body, for example in ovaries, the fallopian tube, the outside wall of the uterus or any other internal organ/part. During periods hormones changes occur, so this tissue breaks up and can cause pain during menses or after menses.
Symptoms of Endometriosis are as follow:
· Pain before, during and after periods
· Pain in the pelvis
· Pain in back
· Pain during intercourse
· Pain in urination
· Pain during bowel movement
Endometriosis can be a reason for Infertility but there are medical treatments available that can overcome it.
Fibroids or Endometriosis?
For sure Endometriosis is one of the causes of severe menstrual pain. But it is not the only sole reason behind it. Pain can also be caused by fibroids that are noncancerous growths of the tissue of the uterus. Fibroids can lead to cramps or heavy bleeding.
Risk Factors Associate with Endometriosis
· Women of age between 30 to ’40s
· Who do not have children?
· Who have periods for more than 7 days?
· Who have their cycle shorter than 28 days.
· Who got their periods before age of 12.
· Family history (Mother, Sister and Grandmother)
· Pelvic Examination
· Pelvic Scans
Although endometriosis is a chronic condition it does not mean that it cannot be cured. There are effective IVF treatment available for it which are as follow:
1. Analgesic we can use
3. Hormone Therapies
· Such as Lupron and Zoladex
5. Open Surgery
6. Lifestyle changes
7. Regular exercise (improve blood flow to our parts of the body)
Pregnant and Endometriosis
Women with endometriosis can get pregnant. But Laparoscopic Treatment can improve pregnancy rates.
Endometriosis And cancer
It is a myth that endometriosis leads to cancer however currently we have no genetic a trait that links up endometriosis with cancer. Women with endometriosis can have ovarian cancer.